Hunts tomato sauce Cabbage RollsFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 large head cabbage shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef and pork for meat loaf shopping list
- 1 small onion, minced shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 3/4 c. cooked rice shopping list
- 2 cans Hunt's tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/4 c. brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/4 c. lemon juice or vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Core cabbage and place cored side up in deep bowl or saucepan.
- Cover with boiling water; let stand 4-5 minutes to soften and loosen leave; drain.
- Remove 12 large leaves and reserve.
- Cook meat and onion in large skillet until onion is tender; drain fat.
- Add salt, pepper, rice and 1 can tomato sauce.
- Place portions of meat mixture in center of each cabbage leaf.
- Roll up, folding ends over.
- Place seam side down in 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Mix remaining can tomato sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Pour over rolls.
- Cover, bake at 375F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, baste cabbage rolls, bake 15 minutes longer.
- Makes 6 servings.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating8 people
Hi! 5!lanabade in Goshen loved it
Love these, great recipe, 5 forks for you.henrie in Savannah loved it
One of my absolute favorites! Great post Midge and a very, very high 5!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Comfort Foods773 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Honey Whats For Dinner34 members
Family Favorites141 members
Checkin Central284 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Oldies But Goodies114 members
Older Really Is Better24 members
Packages Jars And Cans29 members