Caramelized Onion Goat Cheese TartFrom jgpgarrett 9 years ago
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell ( prepared or your own pastry) shopping list
- 1 medium vidalia onion, sliced into rings shopping list
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 T butter shopping list
- 1 small vidalia onion, coarsley chopped shopping list
- 10-11 oz. goat cheese, broken into several pieces shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- salt & freshly ground pepper or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Transfer pie crust to deep pie plate.
- Melt butter and olive oil in medium pan, add onion rings and saute until tender, lightly browned and beginning to caramelize. Spread onto pie crust.
- Place remaining ingredients in blender and blend on high until incorporated.
- Pour mixture over onions.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until puffed and golden. Shield edges with foil if they brown too quickly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- There may be a small amount of filling left over. Pour into a small greased souffle dish and bake along with tart for a chef's treat.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookjgpgarrett Montgomery, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!