1947 Peanut Butter CookiesFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/3 cup peanut butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup light or dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together shortening and peanut butter; add sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
- Blend in corn syrup; add egg and vanilla and beat until light.
- Blend in sifted dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Shape dough into small balls; place on greased baking sheets and flatten with tines of a fork.
- Bake at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating17 people
I will try any and all peanut butter cookies. My favorite! Perfect to try my new silpat mat I got at Christmas.77mini in Buffalo loved it
A nice Peanut Butter cookie recipe. The year before I was born.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Love old recipeshungrybear in Miner loved it