Russian Potato And Dumplings SoupFrom juels 4 years ago
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 sweet green bell pepper, seeded and chopped (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 package of smoked kielbasa, chopped shopping list
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 5 cups beef stock shopping list
- 5 cups water shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- For the dumplings: shopping list
- 2/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsely shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- In a dutch oven, or heavy pan, cook the onion, carrots, celery and green pepper in the butter for about 8 minutes, or until soft. Add the kielbasa and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes and cook for 2 minutes, stirring, then pour in the stock and water. Bring to the boil, add salt and pepper. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dumplings: Sift the flour and salt and rub in the butter. Stir in the parsely. Add the egg to the flour mixture and mix to a soft dough.
- When the potatoes are almost done, drop half-teaspoonfuls of the dough into the simmering soup. Cover and simmer gently for 10 more minutes.
- Serve soup sprinkled with fresh parsely and bread on the side.
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating7 people
Super post! A keeper to be sure! High Five!
J and Mquaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
I Love Potato soup and this looks like a Great way to fix it THANK YOU.......BIG 5 Heregrizzlybear in loved it
WOW!!! This sounds really great! I can't wait to make it! You did it again...another great recipe!
albys1 in Broomall loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!