Imperial Pork RollsFrom tablescape 7 years ago
- 1/2 tbs vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbs water shopping list
- 1 tbs fish sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh ginger root shopping list
- chili sauce (oriental) shopping list
- 4 dried Chinese black mushrooms, soaked for 15 minutes in warm water shopping list
- 12 oz boned pork shoulder, very finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, blanched and drained shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tbs soy sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 16 sheets rice paper, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes shopping list
- A little beaten egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together the vinegar, water, fish sauce, sugar, and ginger and allow to stand for 30 minutes. Add a few drops of chili sauce, just before serving.
- Dice mushrooms very finely and mix them with the meat.
- Heat the 1/2 tsp oil in a wok and stir-fry the mushrooms and meat together with the bean sprouts, soy sauce and cornstarch for 2 minutes. Allow to cool. The mixture should be quite dry. Add salt, pepper and chili sauce to taste.
- Drain the rice paper sheets and spread them out on your work surface. Place a little of the cooled stuffing in the center of each sheet, roll it up and seal the edges with a little of the beaten egg.
- Heat the 1/2 cup oil in a wok and fry the rolls gently on all sides, beginning with the sealed side. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve the rolls hot, with the sauce in individual bowls.
- Note: Serve the rolls with lettuce leaves and fresh mint. Guests should wrap the mint and lettuce leaves around the rolls, before dipping them into the sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cooktablescape FL
The Rating10 people
Im in Egg roll heaven! many fives for this one thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Get this ready,, got the jet fired up... i'll call when i'm at the 'airport'.. HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
All of the above comments and more! Love these things - when we go for Chinese I could stop with these only. My favorites for sure.
Thanks my friend for a lovely recipe and high 5.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!