Dios Kalacs - Hungarian Nut RollFrom paprikamama 8 years ago
- 6 to 6 1/2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 2 yeast cakes or 2 packages dry yeast shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm milk shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 sticks butter or margarine, melted or very soft shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- nut Filling Recipe: shopping list
- 1 to 2 pounds ground nuts shopping list
- (about 1 1/2 pounds walnuts or 3/4 pounds pecans) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 sticks butter or margarine melted shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 large apple grated shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- Combine all ingredients except the butter. shopping list
- Now that you have done that, add the melted butter and mix well. shopping list
- Heat in large saucepan until the ingredients blend well and thicken slightly. shopping list
- Spread on rolled dough after the mixture has cooled. shopping list
- This makes more filling than needed for the above nut rolls. shopping list
- You can freeze any extra and use as a topping for an apple pie or shopping list
- coffee cake recipes and baked apples. shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve yeast in milk.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients;
- add yeast and milk mixture, blending very well.
- Divide dough into four or six parts depending on length of nut roll
- Roll about 1/4 inch thick, spread with nut filling (recipe above) and roll up jelly roll fashion.
- Let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Makes four large or six medium rolls.
- You can freeze the rest or give to friends.
The Cookpaprikamama Lake Mary, FL
The Rating4 people
What a wonderful recipe! Your instructions are always easy to follow and I can't wait to make this! Thank you so much for posting this recipe! I know that my family and I are going to love it!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
This sounds great!dynie in Marietta loved it