Coffee Cheesecake StarbucksFrom spicey571 9 years ago
- 1-3/4 cups finely crushed chocolate wafers (30 cookies) shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee powder or regular coffee crystals shopping list
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur or water shopping list
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 4 slightly beaten eggs shopping list
- Prep Time: 25 minutes shopping list
- cooking Time: 50 minutes shopping list
How to make it
- For the crust, in a mixing bowl combine crushed wafers and melted butter. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of an ungreased 8-inch spring foam pan. Place the pan on a baking sheet. Chill till needed.
- In a small saucepan combine the chocolate, water, and instant espresso. Cook and stir over low heat till chocolate starts to melt. Remove from heat. Stir till smooth. Stir in liqueur or water; cool.
- In a large mixer bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed till smooth. Add eggs all at once, beating on low speed just till mixed. Do not over beat.
- Reserve 2 cups of the cream cheese mixture; cover and chill. Stir cooled chocolate mixture into the remaining cream cheese mixture, stirring just till combined. Pour chocolate mixture into crust.
- Bake in 350° F oven for 30 minutes or till sides are set (center will be soft set). Remove reserved mixture from refrigerator 10 minutes before needed. Gently pull out oven rack just enough to reach the inside of the pan. Carefully pour reserved mixture in a ring over the outside edge of the chocolate mixture (where chocolate mixture is set). Gently spread evenly over entire surface.
- Bake cheesecake for 20 to 25 minutes more or till center appears nearly set when gently shaken. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Loosen sides of the cheesecake from the pan. Cool for 30 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Cool completely. Chill cheesecake for 4 to 24 hours before serving.
- Store any remaining cheesecake, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make-Ahead Tips:
- Chill cheesecake, covered, for 4 to 24 hours ahead. Or, to freeze, place cooled cheesecake, uncovered, in the freezer for 1 hour or till firm. Remove bottom of pan. Transfer cheesecake to a large freezer bag or container. Seal, label, and freeze for up to 1 month. To serve, transfer cheesecake to a platter and loosely cover. Thaw for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
The Cookspicey571 Greenville, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!