Fresh Coconut Cream PeepeeFrom elgourmand 4 years ago
How to make it
- You crack the coconut in half (over the sink please) and sitting on your grater on a chair or stool you grate out the meat into a large bowl with medium firm rounded strokes. You want it finely grated not in chunks. Don’t get in a hurry.
- • Once you have the grated coconut you need a piece of clean cloth about 18” on a side.
- • Lay the cloth on the table and put a handful or two of the grated coconut on the cloth near the edge closest to you.
- • Roll up the cloth so the grated coconut forms a lump in the middle and squeeze as much juice as you can out of it into the bowl with the grated coconut in it.
- • Empty the squeezed coconut out of the cloth into a separate container for disposal or a snack and put in a new batch of fresh grated coconut.
- • Repeat until all coconut is squeezed.
- Now you have fresh, rich Peepee like you’ll never get from a can. It is a bit of work but gets easier after a few tries and you’ll never go back to canned. The Peepee, or anything you use it on or in, will last three to four days in the fridge, depending on how long the coconuts you use have been off the tree.
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
The Rating8 people
thank you for the tutorial. very nice!ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
I Have Had This and It Is Gooooood!!!chef_irish in Gainesville loved it
YOu surprise me everyday :)andreac in Cape Town loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!