Kentucky Beer CheeseFrom notyourmomma 5 years ago
- 1 lb. of aged super sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 lb. "rat" cheese (bland) otherwise known as mild cheddar shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves shopping list
- two hefty dashes of cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp of powdered mustard (Coleman's) shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. Worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 cup beer (approximately) shopping list
- Sturdy cracker of your choice. shopping list
How to make it
- Grind the cheese with the garlic cloves.
- MIx in seasonings.
- Using electric mixture, add slowly just enough beer to make a paste smooth enough to spread.
- Store in covered containers and refrigerate until needed.
- Best served at room temperature.
- We like triscuits, tiny pumpernickel breads or rye breads, fat pretzel sticks, or even water biscuits or melba toast is good. Something sturdy. Saltines are too wimpy.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating8 people
Sounds delish,I used to hear of RAT cheese but not in a long time,is that swiss cheese?THANKS!Have a blessed day!5 forks 4-U!lanabade in Goshen loved it
yum!pleclare in Framingham loved it
It's not so old time I remember the beer at 5-cents and the pickled egg, pickled pigs-feet and ect. Had this before ansd it is so delicious.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!