Orange Liqueur CakeFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- I cup of butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar, divided use shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus one teaspoon of Grand Marnier shopping list
- 2 cups of all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of sour cream shopping list
- grated rind of one orange shopping list
- one cup of chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 cup of orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup of blanched slivered almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and one cup of sugar until quite pale and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks, one at a time.
- Add a teaspoon of the Grand Marnier.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to batter, alternately with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Stir in grated orange rind and one cup of chopped walnuts.
- Beat until stiff the three egg whites and fold into batter.
- Pour into a greased nine inch tube pan.
- Bake in the moderate oven for 50 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup of sugar, with one cup of orange juice and 1/2 cup of Grand Marnier.
- POUR OVER HOT CAKE IN THE PAN.
- Sprinkle with the slivered almonds and let cake cool completely before removing from pan.