Transfat-free Healthy BiscuitsFrom chefjeb 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 while mixing biscuits
- Mix all dry ingredients together and sift into mixing bowl
- Drop in cold buter and cut in with pastry blender until dough resembles smll crumbs
- Add milk all at once and stir with a fork untildoughholds together
- Turn out on lightly floured surface and GENTLY knead about 12 - 14 times, less than one minute
- Dough should be smooth and soft and not sticky.
- Pat into 8 inch square, about 1/2 inch thick
- With a sharp knife divide dough into 16 squares, or use a round cutter to make biscuits
- For soft biscuits place next to each other (touching) in ungreased cake pan.
- For browner, crustier biscuits, place one inch apart on ungeased baking pan.
- Bake at 425 for about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot
People Who Like This Dish 26
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating6 people
this really is the only way to eat them...but i use buttermilk instead which is actually healthier (lowfat) than regular milk...good simple recipe!shecooks4u in Phoenix loved it
These biscuits are light and well risen too.
See Transfat Free Healthy Biscuits for expanded expoundings.pointsevenout in Athens loved it