Chicken SaltimboccaFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 2 boneless,skinless chicken breasts (6-8 oz ea) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 8 oz button mushrooms,halved (quartered if large) shopping list
- 1/2 c dry marsala wine shopping list
- 1/2 c chicken broth shopping list
- 2 oz prosciutto,chopped (1/2 c) shopping list
- 2 Tbs fresh sage leaves shopping list
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Pound each piece until 1/4" thick;season with salt and pepper. Saute 2 breast pieces in oil in large saute pan over med-high heat until browned,3 to 5 mins. Turn and cook 2 mins more;then transfer to plate. Saute remaining chicken the same way;keep warm
- Saute mushrooms in same pan over high heat until starting to brown,5 mins. Add more oil if needed.
- Deglaze with marsala,scraping up bits on bottom of pan,then add broth and bring to boil. Simmer till liquid is reduced by half,about 5 mins.
- Off heat,stir in prosciutto,sage and butter till butter melts. season with salt and pepper. To serve,spoon sauce over warm chicken breasts.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
An interesting twist on a great dish. Sounds delish!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Going to make this tomorrow night for dinner. I love this and thank you so much for the great post.valinkenmore in Malott loved it