Marialitas ChimichangaFrom elgourmand 4 years ago
- • 3 lb. boneless shoulder chuck or lean stew meat (please don’t use mince) shopping list
- • salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- • 2 T. bacon drippings or vegetable oil shopping list
- • 2 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- • 1/2 Cup chopped onion shopping list
- • 1 – 2 mild chilies, chopped shopping list
- • 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
- • 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- • 1 Btl good, honest beer. A tip, if it comes in a can it probably isn’t good, honest beer. shopping list
- • 12 10-12 inch tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Rub the salt and pepper on the roast. Saute in the oil. Add onion and garlic, cumin, chili pepper and chili powder. Add the beer and stir. Cover tightly and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours, until roast is very tender, stirring occasionally. Let cool until you can handle the roast. With 2 forks shred the beef into small pieces.
- Add the meat to the broth and add another 1/2 Cup diced onion. Cook until all liquid is out of the beef. The beef should remain moist but not wet. Note: all of this can be done the night before you want to serve the dish.
- Warm each tortilla enough so that you can roll it. Place about 1/2 C. of the mixture in the center of the tortilla. Fold in sides and roll up. Secure with toothpicks.
- To serve: Warm 5 inches oil in Dutch oven or other large pan to 375° F. Fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Drain.
- If you’re doing this for a crowed you can bake them to finish. Get a mess of Chimichangas ready, preheat the oven to 425 deg F, grease or spray a cookie sheet and arrange the Chimichangas on the sheet, bake for 7 - 8 minutes on one side, flip over and bake for 5 minutes. Serve
- Top with cheese, sour cream, tomatoes and salsa. Serve immediately. Bueno Comida (Good Eating)
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
The Rating9 people
I love chimichangas although I rarely have the opportunity to eat them. (I've never seen them in Germany). I would never have thought of using beer in the recipe.joe1155 in Munchen loved it
My 5 too and saved your recipe.gingerlea in Tampa loved it
Love Chimichangas - will try this recipe out....sounds greatwynrol in Aberdeen loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!