COUNTRY CHICKEN N DUMPLINGSFrom linebb956 6 years ago
- 1 4-5 pound chicken shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chicken soup base shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage, I add more. shopping list
- 2 tablespoon or more fresh minced parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoon grated onion shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup cream shopping list
- 6-8 cups chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the chicken whole in a pot with the chicken base and water to just cover, for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper sage and the grated onion while boiling
- Place whole chicken on a large platter to cool, then bone.
- Strain the broth through a cheese cloth in a strainer.
- Return broth to pot.. let simmer real slow...while you bone the chicken and cut it into chunks.
- Sift the flour and 1 teaspoon salt.. stir in the water.
- knead the dough, roll thin, cut into strips.
- Drop strips into boiling broth and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add boned chicken and the cream
- cover and simmer for another 10 minutes..
- Thicken with 1/4 cup flour or more with 1 cup cooled broth.
- Add fresh parsley and season to taste...
- Plain ole comfort!
People Who Like This Dish 31
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating7 people
This sounds like a recipe that my Grandmother makes over the holiday season. This is so good! Thanks for sharing :)lil_coop in Wauseon loved it
My mother in law made these and they are wonderful....She made the best dumplings ever...all you needed was dumplings, lots of juice to sop the corn bread with...Thanks for this post....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Great recipe, thanks for sharing.. yummm cant wait to try it!uk2nyc in Milano, Italy loved it