Lemon Easter Basket CakeFrom karlyn255 3 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- •1 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- •2 cups sugar shopping list
- •4 large eggs shopping list
- •3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- •2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- •½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- •½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- •¾ cup buttermilk shopping list
- •¼ cup fresh sqeezed lemon juice shopping list
- •1 tablespoon fresh grated lemon peel shopping list
- Icing: shopping list
- •1 pound confectioner's sugar shopping list
- •¼ cup lemon juice, milk or water shopping list
- Grass: shopping list
- •2 cups sweetened shredded coconut shopping list
- •A couple drops green food coloring shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a bundt pan.
- 2.In a large bowl beat butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar, beating until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- 3.Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together to combine.
- 4.Add lemon juice to buttermilk.
- 5.Beginning and ending with the dry ingredients, alternately add dry and buttermilk mixutres to the butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
- 6.Stir in lemon peel. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until cake begins to pull away from side of pan and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 7.Let cool 10 minutes on cake rack. Turn out onto cake rack and let cool completely.
- 1.Mix confectioner's sugar and lemon juice to combine. Ice upside-down cake with icing and let dry.
- 1.Fill hole with plastic wrap. Top cake with coconut, making the edge a little higher.
- 2.Grass: In a resealable plastic bag, Mix a coconut and green food color to combine.
- 3.Handle: Fold an 18-inch long piece of aluminum foil lengthwise four times. Secure a ribbon at one end of the foil and wrap to cover. Shape covered foil into long handle. Insert ends of handle about ¼ -inch from the edge of the cake. Add a bow.
- 4.Top coconut with the Easter candies of your choice.
- •Cake can be ahead, wrapped tightly and frozen, unfrosted, up to 6 months.
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes, not including decorating
- Ready In: About 3 hours
- Servings: 12
- Baking Time: 50 minutes to 1 hour
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating6 people
nice!turtle66 in Sacramento loved it
Wow! Thats beautiful!!bostyn in San Diego loved it
so creative and pretty...great idea!!andiecooks in home loved it