Dragons Lemon Blueberry CakeFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 3/4 cup of flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup of sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup of buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of blueberries tossed in 1 tablespoon of flour shopping list
- 1/2 blueberries for garnish shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar shopping list
- 4 teaspoons of lemon juice shopping list
- 3 teaspoons of limoncello (or replace this with 3 teaspoons of lemon juice) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (or corn syrup) shopping list
- lemon zest for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350. Butter and flour a 12 inch bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Add sugar and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Add sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Beat in flour in 3 additions, alternating with the buttermilk. Beat for 2 minutes on medium-high. Fold in blueberries. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edges of the pan. Turn out and cool completely.
- For the glaze, in a small bowl, mix together confectioner’s sugar, lemon juice, limoncello and syrup until smooth. Drizzle over the top of the cake and let it roll down the sides.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating9 people
OMG I love blueberries and this sounds great!
thanks, Jackmrjwjohnson in Delmar loved it
Wow! Oh babe this is so beautiful I flaged it. I will have to make this when I have guests.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
This is one incredible cake. I flagged it as beautiful too. I love blueberries & this is definately on my 'To Do' list for real soon. A very big 5 forksbrianna in loved it