Steak Moutarde Flambe Flamed mustard steakFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 1 tablespoon of butter shopping list
- 4 fillets of beef ( at least 1 and 1/2 inches thick) shopping list
- salt shopping list
- coarse ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed rosemary leaves shopping list
- 1/2 cup of crumbled sage leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup of cognac shopping list
- 4 teaspoons of Dijon mustard shopping list
- 4 teaspoons of mild brown or herb flavored mustard shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of commercial sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy bottom skillet, heat the butter and saute over high heat four filets of beef.
- Season each side with salt, pepper, rosemary and sage.
- Cook four minutes per side for rare.
- Pour off excess fat from the pan.
- Sprinkle the fillets with cognac and ignite.
- When the flame dies out, transfer filets to warm serving platter and keep warm.
- To the skillet add the mustard and paprika. Stir to combine with the pan juices.
- Add sour cream and cream to the mustard in the skillet.
- Cook for one minute.
- Pour over the filets and serve.
- Bon Appetit!
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
Very good, I made this for a small party, and all the steak eaters loved this!mooseberry in San Francisco loved it
This sounds amazing! Glad I found it.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Seriously why can't a person delete idiotic comments on their own recipe? Ridiculous...mrtnzangel8 in SW loved it