Bacon Onion Cheese BiscuitsFrom cuzpat 6 years ago
- 2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Sift dry ingredients into a bowl. Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender.
- Add the milk, cheese, chopped onion and crumbled bacon, blending quickly, just until dry ingredients are moistened. A sticky dough will result.
- Turn the dough out on a floured board. Flour your hands and knead the dough 3 or 4 times. Do not overhandle biscuit dough.
- Roll or pat to a 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with a 2 inch biscuit cutter.
- For soft-sided biscuits, place close together on a lightly greased baking sheet or in a lightly greased cast iron skillet.
- For biscuits that are crusty all around, place about an inch apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes.