Asparagus And Lemon Cream PastaFrom lollya 6 years ago
- 1 14 ounce box of whole grain pasta (or fresh or regular) shopping list
- 1 lb asparagus, cleaned, ends snapped and cut into 1 1/2 pieces or so shopping list
- 1 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 lemon, for juice and zest shopping list
- fresh cracked pepper or lemon pepper - to taste (i use a ton) shopping list
- garlic salt - to taste (again, i'm a salt fiend so I use alot) shopping list
- 3/4 cup of fresh grated parmesan shopping list
- chopped flat-leaf parsley to sprinkle on top shopping list
- fresh parmesan shavings for top shopping list
How to make it
- Bring your pasta water to a boil
- Shallow boil your asparagus - put all it in a pot and cover with 1/2 cup vegetable stock, boil until tender, then add butter, set aside
- While waiting for that pour your heavy cream into a deep frying pan
- Add your remaining 1 cup of stock and microplane the full lemon for zest, bring to a rolling simmer.
- Whisk in about 3/4 the juice from the lemon
- Add the fresh grated parmesan and reduce heat, stir until melted and every so often for around 8 minutes or until thickened.
- Back to the pasta, your water should be boiling, toss the pasta in and boil to al dente according to box
- When sauce thickens add asparagus, cracked pepper and gralic salt.
- When pasta is done, drain it and toss it into the pan, Use tongs to turn the sauce into the pasta
- Top with chopped parsley and fresh shaved parmesan
- If you are me, add more salt and lots more pepper cause you're a freak like that.
- Get that last squeeze of lemon over your pasta to add brightness