Mud Puddle chocolate cookiesFrom shirleyoma 9 years ago
- * 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- * 1 cup sugar shopping list
- * 2 egg yolks shopping list
- * 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- * 1/2 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- * 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- * 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * . shopping list
- * For the chocolate Ganache: shopping list
- * 4 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped into chunks shopping list
- * 2 Tablespoons heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in the egg yolks.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, cocoa and vanilla until smooth.
- Sponsored Links
- Combine the cocoa mixture with the butter mixture, scraping the sides of the bowl, until completely incorporated.
- Add the flour and salt to the wet ingredients, blending with a mixer until combined. Refrigerate cookie dough for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop out balls of cookie dough with a small ice cream scoop and place 1 inch apart on parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the cookie center comes out clean.
- After removing cookies from the oven, use a rounded soup spoon to gently press an indentation or puddle in the center of each warm cookie. Let cookies cool completely.
- To make Chocolate Ganache:
- Slowly melt chopped semisweet chocolate in the microwave. Add cream and whisk vigorously until smooth and thick. Place in a zip-top bag, squeeze out the air, and seal. Cut a small corner from the bottom of the bag.
- Pipe the chocolate ganache into the center puddle indentation of each cookie. If you have any leftover chocolate, use it to drizzle across the outer edges of the cookies. Cool completely before serving.
- Mud puddle cookies may be frozen.
People Who Like This Dish 65
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating8 people
Can I eat this one now??? OMG, this is right up my alley! :)noir in Boston loved it
I'm going to try these this weekend! They sound delish!oregongrandma in loved it
Oh these look so good.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it