Moms Old Fashioned Meat LoafFrom darbar 7 years ago
- 2 cups finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 celery rib, chopped fine shopping list
- 1 carrot, chopped fine shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2/3 cup ketchup plus additional as an accompaniment if desired shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck shopping list
- 3/4 pound ground pork shopping list
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly shopping list
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large heavy skillet cook onion, garlic, celery, carrot, and scallion in butter over moderate heat, stirring, 5 minutes. Cook vegetables, covered, stirring occasionally, until carrot it tender, about 5 minutes more. Stir in salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/3 cup of ketchup and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- In a large bowl combine well vegetables, meats, bread crumbs, eggs, and parsley. In a shallow baking pan form mixture into 1 10-by 5-inch oval loaf and spread remaining 1/3 cup ketchup over loaf.
- Bake meat loaf in oven 1 hour, or until a meat thermometer inserted in center registers 155°F.
The Cookdarbar Elmhurst, IL
The Rating9 people
I broke in my new meatloaf pan with this recipe. It was delicious! The carrots stayed a bit crunchy, which I really liked. It was easy to cut in half for just me, too, although I didn't cut the garlic or Worcestershire sauce. I have plenty for sa...morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it
This sounds wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it
I thought about that - the egg cooking. I put the vegetables on one side of the meat and the egg on the other so they didn't touch. I started stirring it all together and by the time the egg got in there, the cold meat had cooled the vegetables. G...morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!