Andouille and Beef Burgers with Spicy Mayo and Carmelized OnionsFrom darbar 7 years ago
- Spicy mayonnaise shopping list
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or creole seasoning blend shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce shopping list
- Burgers shopping list
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, cut into scant 1/4-inch cubes shopping list
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck or ground beef (20 percent fat) shopping list
- caramelized onions shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for brushing grill rack shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar shopping list
- 6 large hamburger buns, split shopping list
- 8 ounces crumbled blue cheese shopping list
- 12 pickled okra pods, halved lengthwise* shopping list
- 3 cups watercress tops shopping list
How to make it
- For mayonnaise: Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Cover and chill.
- Do ahead: Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.
- For burgers: Toss first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Add beef; blend gently. Shape mixture into six 1/2-inch-thick patties. Transfer patties to small baking sheet.
- Do ahead: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- For onions: Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Toss onions and next 3 ingredients in large skillet. Place skillet on grill; cook until onions are golden, stirring often, about 25 minutes. Remove from grill; season with salt and pepper.
- Brush grill rack with olive oil. Grill buns, cut side down, until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer buns to work surface. Grill burgers until brown on bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn over; sprinkle with cheese. Grill until burgers are cooked to desired doneness, about 3 minutes for medium. Place some onions, then burger, on each bun bottom. Top each with okra and watercress. Spread mayonnaise on cut side of bun tops; place on burgers. Serve with remaining mayonnaise.
- *Shopping tip: Look for pickled okra where the pickles and relishes are displayed.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookdarbar Elmhurst, IL
The Rating5 people
I'm ready to fire up the grill and have these for breakfast...lol! They sound awsome can't wait to eat 'em!!!imhungry in northern loved it
Definitely, the burger goes UPtown. Thanks.merlin in San Francisco loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!