Crunch CakeFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/2 cup of butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup of sugar shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed vanilla wafers (I've used gingerssnaps too) shopping list
- Batter: shopping list
- 1 cup of butter shopping list
- 2 cups of sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup of milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla shopping list
- 2 2/3 cups of sifted flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt shopping list
How to make it
- Topping: Mix ingredients and pat into bottom and sides of two heavily greased loaf pans. (more butter the better it sticks)
- Batter: Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat well.
- Impossible to overbeat at this point.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat well with each addition.
- Mix vanilla and milk together and add to butter mixture alternately with the flour and other dry ingredients starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 to 1 and 1/4 hours.
- Turn out on cake rack and cool.
- Freezes easily.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating3 people
pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
Well, I just pulled these cakes out of the oven about 30 minutes ago. Verdict: Absolutely delicious!!! The cake itself is wonderfully moist, and the outer crust is like a shell...crunchy and sweet.
Even though it did not need it, we put a dollup...morepinkpasta in Upstate loved it
I can't wait to try this one! Looks delicious!!m11andrade in Kankakee loved it