Asian Influenced Boneless RibsFrom keni 3 years ago
- 5lbs boneless pork ribs(often called country style) shopping list
- 2 medium onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped in about 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 can crushed pineapple, undrained shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 2T hot mustard(or stone ground or brown) shopping list
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar shopping list
- 2t sesame oil shopping list
- 2t ginger, freshly grated(or sub 1t dry ginger) shopping list
- 1t red pepper flakes(adjust to your tolerance/liking) shopping list
- 1t Chinese 5 spice shopping list
- 1t celery seed, ground shopping list
- 2t ground mustard powder shopping list
- 2t ground coriander shopping list
- 2t ground cumin shopping list
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- sesame seeds to garnish(toasted) shopping list
How to make it
- Spray slow cooker with no stick spray.
- Place onions and bell pepper in bottom of slow cooker
- Add meat and sprinkle with salt and pepper(a double layer of meat is fine, if needed)
- In medium bowl combine rest of ingredients, mixing well
- Pour over meat in slow cooker.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours until meat is very tender.
- Towards end of cooking, remove some of the liquid, if desired, and use it as part of the liquid to make rice
- To serve, remove ribs with tongs and add pineapple/onion/pepper sauce using slotted spoon and top with toasted sesame seeds.
- Footnote: This will yield a lot of liquid and some of it probably won't be used