Three Cheese EnchiladaFrom dmajor 3 years ago
- 8 oz shredded mild cheddar cheese shopping list
- 8 oz. shredded pepper Jack cheese shopping list
- 8 oz shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- dash salt and pepper shopping list
- 16 corn tortillas shopping list
- 1 can sliced black olives shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced shopping list
- oil shopping list
How to make it
- Make sauce by by placing tomato sauce and water in saucepan and bring to a light boil.
- Stir in chili power, garlic, oregano, and cumin and lower heat to a low simmer.
- Continue to cook over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes
- Remove from heat and allow to cool..
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in skillet.
- Add chopped onion and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- remove onion and place in a bowl.
- Mix cheeses, 1/2 of the black olives, and the green onions with the cooked onion.
- In frying pan, heat a small amount of oil
- Cook tortillas one at a time for about 10 seconds on each side, remove from pan and place on paper towel, continue until all tortillas are cooked..
- Preheat oven to 350
- Dip each enchilada in sauce, place a heaping spoon full(more or less depending on how much cheese you like) of the filling in tortilla and roll up place seam side down in glass casserole dish, repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Pour remaining sauce on top of enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!