Spinach MadeleineFrom zena824 9 years ago
- 2 packages frozen chopped spinach shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable liquor shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon celery salt shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 6 oz roll of jalapeno cheese, sliced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- red pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 shopping list
How to make it
- Cook Spinach; drain and reserve liquor.
- Melt butter over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add liquid slowly, stirring constantly.
- Cook until smooth and thick; continue stiring.
- Add seasonings and cheese; stir until melted.
- Combine with spinach.
- Serve as is or in casserole topped with buttered bread crumbs.
- Flavor improves if refrigerated overnight.
- This is also great as a dip.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating4 people
Yummie!!!Like the sound of this. thankspudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
Zena, Made the Spinach Madeleine this is a wonderful recipe. Full of flavor one i will make often. Thankspudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it