Browned Butter Crab BruschettaFrom keni 3 years ago
- 8oz cooked lump crab shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks butter shopping list
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 2T heavy cream shopping list
- 1t Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped shopping list
- 3T fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 large French or Italian baguette, sliced on the bias in 12, 1 inch slices shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan, grated shopping list
- salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in medium saute pan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook, stirring often, until shallots are dark brown and butter is nutty brown. You are not looking for a burned outcome: shallots and butter will be dark, but their taste should not be burnt See Photo
- Add garlic, wine, Old Bay salt and pepper. Lower heat and simmer to reduce by about half.
- Add cream and stir to combine and heat through.
- Remove from heat.
- Let cool slightly while mixing crab and slicing bread.
- In medium glass bowl, combine crab, roasted red pepper and parsley. See Photo
- Dip one cut side of each piece of bread into melted butter mixture then place, dry side down, on baking sheet or stone. See Photo
- Bake at 400 for about 10-12 minutes until bread is toasted around the edges. See Photo
- Meanwhile, add rest of the butter/shallot mixture to the crab mixture and mix well.
- Remove from oven and top each slice with an equal amount of the crab topping.
- Sprinkle each piece with grated Parmesan. See Photo
- Bake another 5 minutes or so just to warm and slightly melt cheese.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating1 people
Delicious and rich! My shallots were black, but tasted fine! I accidentally left out the garlic :( but they were still good :) Thanks!
Forgot to rate!