Cinnamon Crescent RollsFrom krumkake 9 years ago
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls shopping list
- 2 tablespoons (more or less) butter, softened shopping list
- ¼ cup white sugar shopping list
- 2 heaping tablespoons cinnamon (I really like the Saigon cinnamon - use less if you don't want a strong cinnamon flavor) shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- leftover cinnamon sugar mixture shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened shopping list
- a few tablespoons half-and-half, enough to make mixture spreadable shopping list
How to make it
- Separate crescent dough into the pre-formed triangles.
- Spread each triangle with a thin coating of soft butter.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a little bowl.
- Sprinkle each triangle with some of the sugar mixture.
- Roll up the crescents as directed.
- Lay the crescents on a cookie sheet and dab the top of each with a little more soft butter.
- Sprinkle tops with some of the sugar mixture.
- Bake as directed on the can, or until a nice golden brown.
- While crescents are baking, prepare the frosting.
- Melt butter in a small bowl.
- Blend in the softened cream cheese.
- Stir in the powdered sugar and any remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Stir in enough half-and-half to make a thin frosting.
- When crescents are baked, remove pan from oven.
- Top with frosting while the rolls are still very warm, allowing the frosting to melt a bit and glaze into the dough. Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating7 people
Krum! We made these at Christmas this year, they are so awesome. My sister wouldn't let me take the leftovers home, she claimed them as hers and hers alone. Awesome easy delectable dish.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Darn it Krum... Your on a breakfast roll....These sound so good and so easy.... Im having company this weekend so I will give these a try....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Mmmmm....these sound so yummy, and without too much effort! Love the cream cheese frosting here, too!juels in Clayton loved it