Chile Sin Relleno PinwheelsFrom keni 6 years ago
- 1 can(or about 2 cups homemade) refried beans shopping list
- 1/2lb raw Mexican chorizo(I used my homemade, which I reground into a very fine grind) shopping list
- 2 blocks cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 small cans, or 1 large can green chilies or jalapenos, drained(depending on heat preference, I used 1 small can, each, because this was for a larger gathering, but if I make them for home, it will be all jalapenos) or 4-5 medium fresh peppers, diced and sauteed until very soft shopping list
- juice from about 1/2 lime(optional) shopping list
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or Asadero, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- large flour tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- In medium skillet, brown chorizo until cooked through, making sure to break pieces up very small.
- Drain well.
- Return to pan and add beans and heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat when heated and well combined. Let rest.
- Whip cream cheese well and add lime juice and peppers. Mix well.
- Add shredded cheese to slightly cooled meat mixture. It's okay if the cheese melts completely, totally, or not at all :) See Photo
- Spread meat/bean mixture on tortilla. See Photo
- Add cream cheese mixture and spread to nearly cover meat mix. See Photo
- Top with a handful of cilantro. See Photo
- Roll tortillas up from one side to the other, tight, but not tight enough for the filling to squish out See Photo. :)
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Chill for about 30 minutes, then slice!
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating1 people
This looks like a winner! Like that should be a surprise with your awesome recipes :)
I'm going to make these today!
(the name should be chile sin relleno; I love the name, very clever :-) )
Wonderful, as expected. Great mix of flavors, all worked well together. Another winner from a winner.