Churro Chocolate Ganache CupcakesFrom luisascatering 6 years ago
- chocolate cupcakes: shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup quality cocoa powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 2 large organic eggs shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- chocolate Ganache: (makes about 1 1/4 cups) shopping list
- 6 oz quality semisweet chocolate, finely chopped shopping list
- 2/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
- Churros (follow link below): shopping list
- Luisas Churros shopping list
How to make it
- For chocolate cupcakes:
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
- Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups. Heat oven to 350°F. Fill cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake 22 to 25 minutes. Cool completely.
- For chocolate ganache:
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Bring cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, and then pour mixture over chocolate. Let stand, without stirring, for a few minutes until chocolate begins to melt. Gently stir chocolate into cream until the mixture is completely combined. Allow mixture to come to cool slightly before spooning over cupcakes.
- For Churros:
- Follow directions in my link but instead of piping 4-inches strips of dough into hot oil, pipe 1-inch strips.
- To assemble:
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon ganache over top of cupcake and top with a warm piece of churro. Serve immediately.