Pasta PomodoroFrom donman 4 years ago
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- 1 16 oz package angel hair pasta shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon butter (real) shopping list
- 1/2 onion (chopped) shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic (finely sliced) shopping list
- 2 14.5 oz cans petite diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 6.5 oz can sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth shopping list
- 1 pinch ground red pepper shopping list
- kosher salt (to taste) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried chopped basil shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the chicken into ¾ to 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- In a 5 qt. pot, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and onions and sauté until the chicken is browned. (about 10 minutes)(stirring frequently)
- When chicken has about 2 minutes left, add the garlic and keep stirring.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the chicken broth to deglaze the pan.
- Add the tomatoes, vinegar, red pepper, basil, salt, tomato paste and the mushrooms and mix well.
- Bring to a low boil then simmer for about 15 minutes. (or until the sauce thickens a little) Stirring occasionally. See Photo
- Bring a large (6 qt) pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 4 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Serve topped with grated cheese See Photo. (optional)