Spicy Egg and Cheese stuffed TomatoesFrom asheats 7 years ago
- 8 medium tomatoes shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 4 tbs. butter shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. cayenne shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp. cumin shopping list
- 8 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 c. jack or cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 8 tsp. breadcrumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes and core, a melon-baller is perfect for this. Scoop out all the seeds and plup.
- Place tomatoes on a baking sheet with parchment paper or sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Mix the spices and oregano together.
- Rub half of the mixture on the inside of the tomatoes, reserve the rest.
- Set the oven to 350
- Saute the garlic in butter til soft and spoon into tomatoes.
- Break an egg into each tomato (the fun part) sprinkle each egg with the rest of the spice mixture.
- Loosely spoon the cheese over the tomatoes, then sprinkle the crumbs ontop.
- Bake for 20 minutes.