Yukon Gold With Green Beans Potato SaladFrom sosousme 5 years ago
- 2 pounds small yukon gold potatoes shopping list
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into two inch pieces shopping list
- 1 large shallot, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely sliced celery, use the inside stalks and some of the leaves shopping list
- 1 generous teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/8 cup white balsamic or champagne vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill shopping list
How to make it
- Put the potatoes in a large pot; cover with water and boil until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and allow to cool. When cool enough to handle; peel them and cut them into bite sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to a boil; add the green beans and cook them until crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process and maintain their bright green color.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard and vinegar. While whisking, slowly add the oil, whisk until fully emulsified.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes and green beans; season generously with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over and mix well; add the fresh herbs and mix to incorporate. Cover and refrigerate at least a couple of hours, all day or over night is best; stirring occasionally.
- Remove from refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!