Moroccan Sweet Potato StewFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- olive oil to saute shopping list
- 1 med yellow onion chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- curry powder, allspice and ground cumin to taste( start with 1 tsp curry and cumin and 1/4 tsp allspice ) shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes ( I used fresh tomatoes ) shopping list
- 1 cup green beans cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 can broth ( vegetable or chicken broth for non vegetarians ) shopping list
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into even chunks shopping list
- 2 small zucchini cut into chunks ( I also used part yellow squash ) shopping list
- 1 cup couscus prepared and set aside shopping list
- chopped mint or cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet and add onion and cook till tender, add the spices and garlic and briefly cook and stir
- Add tomatoes,green beans, broth and sweet potatoes and heat till boiling.
- Reduce heat and cover and cook 10 mins or until vegetables tender.
- Add the squash and covered covered a few more minutes or until tender
- When ready to serve stir in fresh mint or cilantro into the vegetables. Serve over the couscous
- Note: all can sizes are 14 to 15 oz in the recipe
- I used a tricolor couscus
- Make sure sweet potatoes are cut into even size chunks for best even cooking.