Sliders White Castle StyleFrom DetroitTokyo 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup dried onion flakes (or more to your taste) shopping list
- 2 lbs ground chuck 80/20 ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt shopping list
- 6-8 slices cheddar cheese shopping list
- 12 small party rolls (I used Sara Lee Dinner Rolls) shopping list
- dill pickle slices shopping list
- condiments of your choice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Evenly spread onions on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Put ground beef in a mixing bowl & season with seasoned salt. Mix through. Then, gently press the beef on top of the onion flakes in the dish. Press evenly, making one patty. Poke holes through the meat with a drinking straw. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven & pat excess grease with paper towel (carefully, it's hot!), Top with cheddar cheese and return to oven for 2 minutes. Remove & let sit for 5 minutes (I know, it's hard!).
- Then, cut into patties (3x4). Slice open & separate each roll. Use a spatula to lift patty with onion layer onto each bun bottom. Top each slider with a pickle slice & then top of roll. Serve hot.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
The Rating2 people
Great idea :)donman in Hammond loved it
You take the best pictures. They look awesome. I've never tried or made a slider before. Looks like fun!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
Making these for dinner tonight but am a bit confused. The second line in the instructions talks about spreading onions on the bottom of the pan first. But the ingredient list doesn't list onions and I don't know if I'm supposed to cook them first or...morechuckieb in Ottawa loved it