Chicken ParmesanFrom grecogirl 5 years ago
- 6 boneless chicken breast filleted in halves shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 packages of panko bread crumbs (regular or Italian style will work as well, but panko makes for a crisper coating) shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- 2 cups tomato sauce (see my other recipe or favorite store brand) shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated shopping list
- 1/4 cup romano cheese freshly grated shopping list
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Fillet and rinse chicken breast, then pat dry with paper towel. Mix flour, salt, and pepper together in a pie dish or large plate. Beat eggs and put in separate pie dish or wide bowl. Pour Panko bread crumbs out on another large dish.(You should have a breading station of three plates).
- Bread chicken by dipping in flour, then eggs, and finally the bread crumbs. Be sure to fully coat chicken on all sides. Bread all the chicken and place them on plate until ready to fry.
- Put enough oil in large frying pan to fry chicken and then turn heat to med.-high. Also pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make sure the oil is hot and fry chicken until golden brown on each side then put on plate with paper towel. When all the chicken are fried they are ready for the oven.
- Take a large baking dish or use two separate medium sized ones and cover the bottom with a light layer of tomato sauce. Place chicken in dish and cover each piece with a scoop or two of tomato sauce. Sprinkle chicken with parm. and romano cheeses and then cover each one with a generous amount of mozzarella cheese.
- Place in oven for about 10 minutes. Cheese should be melted and sauce starting to bubble. Turn the broiler on for 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese and then remove from the oven. Rest for a minute or two and it is ready to serve. Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 41
- lucaswilliamsgramma Nowhere, Us
- danielyarbrough Vinnitsa, Ukraine
- housewifeintraining Minneapolis, MN
- belfy Nowhere, Us
- mandymoore Wiggins, Ms
- ariadnebarzane Phoenix, AZ
- kandy280 Nowhere, Us
- LouisianaMommy12 Nowhere, Us
- whiskyb Wasaga Beach, CA
- mommabaker Nowhere, Us
- Plus 31 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookgrecogirl WI
The Rating2 people
Good and easy :)donman in Hammond loved it
Oh my was this a hit! First thing out of my husbands mouth was "Mmmmmm", the next thing was "You have to make this again!" Even my 17 month old daughter enjoyed it and I've been having a devil of a time getting her to try anythi...moreknwalter in Paulsboro loved it
Making this again tonight, hope last time wasn't just first-try recipe luck! Mmmmmmm! My mouth is already anticipating......knwalter in Paulsboro loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!