Crockpot Chicken And GravyFrom jlv1023 4 years ago
- 1 whole chicken (about 5 pounds) shopping list
- 3 leg parts (leg & thigh) shopping list
- 15 baby potatoes cut in half ( I used, yellow, red & purple) shopping list
- 6 celery stalks sliced shopping list
- 1 bag of baby carrots shopping list
- 1 large onion sliced thinly shopping list
- 1 large (12 oz or larger ) fresh sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 LARGE can of cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1 envelope of Italian salad dressing shopping list
- 1 package of dry onion soup mix shopping list
- 1 small (4 oz or smaller) can of evaporated milk shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic minced well shopping list
- Seasonngs" shopping list
- salt, pepper, paprika, poultry seasoning, italian seasoning, garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Cut up whole chicken into parts (I removed ALL rib bones and smaller bones)
- In frying pan, brown chicken on both sides (sprinkle with garlic powder and poultry seasoning (not to heavy))
- Meanwhile, in crockpot layer all the vegetables and potatoes.
- Place browned chicken over top
- Mix soup with envelope of Italian seasoning and mix well. Add evaporated milk, (about 1/4-1/2 cup)). Do not want to thin, want soup to be on thicker side.
- Sprinkle dry onion over top
- Cook on high for about 4 hours.
- Lower to low heat for 1 to 2 hours to be sure chicken is throughly cooked.
- I removed chicken from crockpot and took off fat and any bones that were falling off.
- Serve with fresh buttered bread
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookjlv1023 Plymouth, WI
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!