Tuna Sandwich SaladFrom keni 3 years ago
- 1 5-6 oz fresh tuna steak shopping list
- 2T sesame seeds shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
For garlic Sesame Croutons
- 1/4lb sourdough bread, cubed(day old is okay) shopping list
- 2t sesame seeds shopping list
- 3T butter, melted shopping list
- 1t garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2t favorite season salt blend shopping list
For Dijonaise pickle Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayo shopping list
- 2t Dijon shopping list
- 1T sweet pickle juice shopping list
- 1T dill pickle juice shopping list
- 2t fresh dill, chopped shopping list
- season salt blend shopping list
- 1lb mixed baby greens shopping list
- 1 small/medium cucumber chopped large shopping list
- 2 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients well in medium glass bowl.
- Let rest while preparing rest of salad.
For Garlic Sesame Croutons
- Place bread cubes in large glass bowl. See Photo
- Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic powder, season salt and sesame seeds.
- Toss to coat. See Photo
- Toast in 450 oven for about 15 minutes until crispy and lightly browned, but still with a "give" when you bite into them! :) See Photo
- Heat heavy skillet(cast iron is best) over medium high heat until very hot.
- Coat tuna steak with sesame seeds on as many sides as you want :)
- When pan is just smoking, carefully add oil.
- Immediately drop tuna steak into pan(be careful, because it may sputter and spit) See Photo
- Let sear 2 minutes then flip to other side and let sear another 2 minutes. See Photo
- Remove from heat and set aside. See Photo
To Plate Salad
- Arrange greens on large serving platter or individual serving plates.
- Top with cucumber, tomatoes and green onions.
- Slice rested tuna and arrange over greens and veggies.
- Drizzle with dressing and add croutons