Oven Baked Chicken Kiev With Sherry SauceFrom chuckieb 6 years ago
- 2 whole, large chicken breasts, split, boned and skinned shopping list
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- garlic butter Mixture: shopping list
- 4 heaping tbsp. margarine or butter shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt or to taste shopping list
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic shopping list
- a sprinkle of parsley and oregano shopping list
- 4 tbsp. flour for dredging shopping list
- toothpicks (I use three per piece of chicken) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- For Sherry Sauce: shopping list
- 1 heaping tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 1 cup chicken bouillion shopping list
How to make it
- Mix up your Garlic Butter mixture by stirring together the margarine, garlic, salt, parsley, chives and oregano. Divide the mixture by 4 and then drop by spoonful onto a piece of waxed paper and put in your freezer for about a half hour until hard. Pound each chicken breast half with flat side of meat mallet to 1/4" thick. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over chicken pieces.
- When the butter mixture is ready, nestle the spoonful onto one end of the chicken breast, roll up and secure with toothpicks. Try fold the outer edges of the chicken up in the best you can to prevent leaking. Dredge the rolled chicken pieces in flour. (Make sure you get the ends of the chicken rolls in the flour as well to again help with that leakage problem!)
- Heat oil in fry pan, sauté chicken rolls until just golden brown. Place in shallow baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Stir your 1 tbsp. flour for the sauce into the drippings in the fry pan and stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Add sherry and bouillion. Return to heat, heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce sauce by boiling until slightly thickened. Spoon over the chicken in the baking dish, cover and bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!