Amy's Hamburger SubsFrom windy1950 4 years ago
- 2 1/2 lbs ground chuck (80/20) shopping list
- 4 medium onions, small dice shopping list
- 2 (8 oz drained wt) cans sliced mushrooms, well drained shopping list
- 4 Tbsps butter shopping list
- Salt, to taste shopping list
- Black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced or garlic powder, to taste shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) pkg shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 12 mini-sub buns shopping list
- Assorted garnishes (mild pepper rings, pickles, salad olives, black olives, shredded cheese, etc) shopping list
- Assorted condiments (mayo, deli mustards, olive oil, hot sauce, catsup, bbq, etc) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Crumble the meat into a deep 12-inch skillet (chicken fryer is good). Add diced onion; cook until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain excess fat and discard.
- 2. Meanwhile in a separate skillet, cook mushrooms in butter until lightly browned.
- 3. Combine mushrooms with meat mixture and season to taste.
- 4. Add shredded cheese; cover with vented lid. Turn heat on low and cook until cheese is nicely melted. Stir cheese into meat mixture.
- 5. Serve meat mixture on mini-sub buns with desired condiments and garnishes.
- NOTE: This may be served on dinner rolls for "sliders".
- SUGGESTED SIDES: Deviled eggs and seasoned potato wedges