Shrimp Scampi With Green Onions And OrzoFrom frankieanne 3 years ago
- 3/4 cup orzo (rice shaped pasta) shopping list
- 4 Tbs (1/2 stick) butter, divided shopping list
- 2 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled (and minced if you don't have a press) shopping list
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry white wine shopping list
How to make it
- Cook orzo in large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 Tbs butter with oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Using garlic press, squeeze in garlic; stir 10 seconds. Add shrimp and saute 2 minutes. Add green onions and toss until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 1 minute longer. Add wine and toss until wine boils, about 1 minute. Mix in remaining 2 Tbs butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta; transfer to large bowl. Top with shrimp and onion-garlic butter.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookfrankieanne Ukiah, California
- Not added to any groups yet!