How Do I Make - Pizza SauceFrom keni 4 years ago
- 1 10-12oz can tomato sauce(all natural or home canned, preferred...with no extra additives) shopping list
- 1 10-12oz can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1t honey or brown sugar shopping list
- 1T butter shopping list
- 1/2t fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1t fresh oregano, finely chopped(can sub about 1/2t dried, if desired) shopping list
- 1t fresh basil, finely chopped(can sub as above) shopping list
- 2t fresh parsley, chopped(can sub 1t dried) shopping list
- 1t worcestershire sauce shopping list
- about 1/4-1t red pepper flakes(to taste) shopping list
- about 1/4-1/3 cup water(more if a thinner sauce is desired) shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in small, heavy saucepan.
- Stir well over medium heat to bring to a boil.
- Turn down and simmer about 30 minutes, stirring often, until well blended and desired consistency.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
I made this tonight and it was excellent, just as expected. The only change I made was I doubled the amount of sweet and I went with the wuss dosage of the red pepper flakes. Keni, you would be so proud, I used FRESH ingredients for all but the p...moreduboo in loved it
Yummy, fresh sauce! 5 stars for sure :) More in Duboo's IMI link below.
10/22/14mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!