JORDAN MARSH BLUEBERRY MUFFINSFrom noir 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups unsifted flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups large fresh blueberries shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar (for top of muffins) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- In a second bowl, combine all dry ingredients. (You can use an electric mixer to combine the dry ingredients thoroughly at this point so that you won't need to over mix once the wet and dry ingredients are combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter and sugar mixture along with the milk and vanilla.
- Optionally, mash 1/2 cup of the blueberries, and stir in by hand (this will turn batter a light shade of blue and add a touch of blueberry flavor, but this step may be skipped, if you wish). Add the remaining whole berries and stir in gently by hand.
- Spray a 12 muffin baking pan with Baker's Joy (or other non-stick spray). Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of unbaked muffins.
- Bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes. Cool in pan. Run a knife around the edge of each muffin after several minutes to free it from the pan and cool on wire racks. Muffins may be brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with sugar, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating7 people
Simply wonderful!pink in USA loved it
Perfecto!smooch in America loved it
These taste like the ones my Mom made!shuga in United States loved it