The Best Chicken and Dumplings EverFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- Place chicken in Dutch oven then add water until chicken is just covered.
- Add salt and pepper then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from liquid then skin, bone and return meat to broth.
- Remove 1-1/2 cups broth and chill.
- In large mixing bowl combine 2 cups flour, shortening and 1 cup chilled broth
- Mix together to form dough then turn onto well floured surface and knead 10 times.
- Roll to 1/4" thickness then cut into 1" squares and set aside.
- To remaining chilled broth add remaining flour, dash of salt and pepper.
- Stir into chicken and remaining broth in Dutch oven.
- Bring broth to boil then add dumpling squares one at a time stirring occasionally to separate.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook 10 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating7 people
This is a close recipe to what my Grand Ma used to make, She called it Pot Pie. Also wonderful with a beef roast.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
I love dumplingscountry5cook in Grenada loved it
I always cut my dough really thin,that's just a tip I learned.THisd is a great recipe.I gave it a 5.country5cook in Grenada loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!