French Fried Pepper RingsFrom hot_it_up 4 years ago
- 4 medium-sized green or red bell peppers (or a combination of both) shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- cornstarch shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- salt and paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Slice the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds; cut each pepper into 1/4-inch rings. Place in a bowl and sprinkle enough corn starch to coat and toss well. Set these on a rack..
- Place 1 inch oil in a heavy pot or wok and heat over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat milk, flour,baking powder, and salt until smooth. Dip a few pepper rings into the batter, allowing excess batter to drip back into bowl. Reduce heat to medium and carefully place rings in oil one at a time; fry 2 to 3 minutes, until golden, turning halfway through cooking. Drain on rack or paper towels. Salt and sprinkle paprika on rings while hot and just removed.
- Continue until remaining pepper rings are fried, adding more oil as needed. Serve immediately,