Chocolate Velvet Fudge Bundt CakeFrom shandy 4 years ago
- 3/4 c. plus 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup boiling water (to be mixed with the cocoa powder) shopping list
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup of water (to be mixed with the eggs and vanilla) shopping list
- 2 1/4 t. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups plus 1 T. of sifted into the cup cake flour or all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. superfine sugar shopping list
- 3 t. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 16 Tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature shopping list
How to make it
- Coat a 10-cup fluted bundt pan with baking spray containing flour OR coat with butter and dust pan with flour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the cocoa and boiling water in a medium bowl until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap to prevent evaporation and cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, 1/2 cup water, and the vanilla just until combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the flat beater, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt on low speed for 30 seconds. Add the butter and the cocoa mixture. Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened. Raise the speed to medium and beat for 1 1/2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Starting on medium-low speed, gradually add the egg mixture in two parts, beating on medium speed for 30 seconds after each addition to incorporate the ingredients and strengthen the structure. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake the cake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in the center.
- Cool and unmold the cake. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.