Fried Mexican Rice And Black BeansFrom keni 5 years ago
- 2 cups cooked rice(preferably cooked in stock) shopping list
- 1 1/2-2 cups cooked black beans(if using canned, don't drain, and use 1 can) shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2t Latin, Mexican or similar seasoning blend(cumin, coriander, oregano, chili, cayenne, etc) shopping list
- 2 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 1 small lime shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- (use a bit of stock or bean water, if needed, if using dried, and cooked, beans..if using canned, this won't be necessary :) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil and garlic in heavy skillet(I use cast iron) over medium heat.
- Add rice and break up and stir to coat with oil.
- Heat about 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add beans and spices and onion and heat through, stirring often.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add just from lime and stir before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
I really liked this! I just have to rinse my beans so I did that, put the beans back in the can and added some chicken stock to fill up the can. I used a mix of chipotle chili powder, corriander and oregano. I only had to simmer mine about 5 minut...morefrankieanne in Somewhere loved it
We all loved this!!! Nice change up from the usual!! I used can black beans (wanted to use dry but ran out of time) and didn't use a Latin blend just threw in some cumin, coriander and oregano, had to leave out the spicy stuff for Bri... ;). So m...moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it