Fried Mexican Rice And Black BeansFrom keni 5 years ago
- 2 cups cooked rice(preferably cooked in stock) shopping list
- 1 1/2-2 cups cooked black beans(if using canned, don't drain, and use 1 can) shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2t Latin, Mexican or similar seasoning blend(cumin, coriander, oregano, chili, cayenne, etc) shopping list
- 2 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 1 small lime shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- (use a bit of stock or bean water, if needed, if using dried, and cooked, beans..if using canned, this won't be necessary :) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil and garlic in heavy skillet(I use cast iron) over medium heat.
- Add rice and break up and stir to coat with oil.
- Heat about 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add beans and spices and onion and heat through, stirring often.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add just from lime and stir before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
We all loved this!!! Nice change up from the usual!! I used can black beans (wanted to use dry but ran out of time) and didn't use a Latin blend just threw in some cumin, coriander and oregano, had to leave out the spicy stuff for Bri... ;). So m...moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
I really liked this! I just have to rinse my beans so I did that, put the beans back in the can and added some chicken stock to fill up the can. I used a mix of chipotle chili powder, corriander and oregano. I only had to simmer mine about 5 minut...morefrankieanne in Somewhere loved it