Creamy White Macaroni And CheeseFrom keni 6 years ago
- 1lb rigatoni or penne pasta, dried( shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced fine shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 1/2-3 cups milk shopping list
- 1t celery powder shopping list
- 2t dry mustard shopping list
- dash of hot sauce(don't leave this out, it really enhances all the cream) shopping list
- 8oz softened cream cheese shopping list
- 8oz Chipotle Gouda, shredded(should yield 2 cups) shopping list
- 8oz colby Jack or monterey jack cheese, shredded(I used Cojack) shopping list
- about 4oz Gruyère or fontina, shredded shopping list
- fresh ground or white pepper or peppercorn blend shopping list
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup Cotija, Manchego, or Parmesan shopping list
- butter or olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Boil pasta per package
- Saute onion in butter in large sauce pan until tender.
- Add flour and stir well to coat all the flour and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and cream and heat, but don't boil.
- When cream cheese is totally melted, add milk, celery powder, dry mustard and hot sauce. Heat through, but do not boil.
- Add shredded cheese and continue to cook and stir on medium/low heat until melted and creamy.
- Add drained pasta and mix to combine with the cheese sauce.
Optional Baking Instructions
- Pour into 9X13 pan
- Combine Panko and Cotija or Manchego and drizzle with butter or spritz with olive oil. See Photo
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes just til top is browning.
People Who Like This Dish 18
- denisey Pittsburgh, PA
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- gourmetana London, UK
- vjamison Nowhere, Us
- MISOFRESH Falmouth, Ma
- ClockworkOiDoll Nowhere, Us
- chloi121 Where They Do It The Best, New Jersey
- katsy Nowhere, Us
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- optimistic1_2 Guelph, CA
- Plus 8 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
This looks great Keni. 4oz is about what I have left, too. Thanksmrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it
This was very good. More review here Creamy White Macaroni And Cheese Thanks, Kenimrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it
I'm picking nits here.
When does the pasta get incorporated into the cheesy cream sauce?pointsevenout in Athens loved it