Smoky Grilled Shrimp And Cheesy OrzoFrom keni 4 years ago
- 2lbs shrimp cleaned, tails on or off, your preference shopping list
- 1 lemon or 2 limes shopping list
- 1t smoked salt or salt blend(I used applewood smoked) shopping list
- 6T stick butter, 4T melted, 2T, cold shopping list
- 1lb orzo shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth shopping list
- 8oz smoked or chipotle gouda, grated shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Boil orzo per package directions but using 2 cups chicken stock or broth for that portion of the water, called for. Cook to JUST al dente, drain but reserve about 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Rinse with water, shake well to separate and let drain, again.
- When drained, add back to the pan and add 2T cold butter, pepper, cheese and about half of the reserved liquid.
- Heat at low temperature, stirring often, until cheese has melted. Add more liquid, as needed, for desired consistency.
- Add lemon or lime juice, melted butter, smoked salt and fresh ground pepper to shrimp in large bowl.
- Grill or broil shrimp until turns pink and just begins to curl. This will only take about a minute, maybe less, or each side, if the grill is hot enough. Do not over cook. :)
- Serve shrimp over orzo.