Turkey And Spinach Pasta With White Wine SauceFrom DetroitTokyo 3 years ago
- 1/2 pound vegetable radiatore, or other short cut pasta shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, diced shopping list
- sea salt & black pepper. freshly ground - to taste shopping list
- crushed red pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 lb ground turkey (I used dark meat) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 3 cups fresh spinach shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated + more for garnish shopping list
- 1/4 cup half & half shopping list
How to make it
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil and heat over medium. Add onion, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 6-8 minutes or until onion is tender and begins to brown just slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, bring salted water to a boil. Once it is boiling, drop the pasta and cook according to instructions. Drain. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Add garlic to skillet and stir. Cook for another minute. Add turkey and cook until brown, stirring occasionally. Add wine and chicken stock. Mix well and allow to cook down for several minutes. Reduce heat to low and add spinach, tossing until it begins to wilt. Add nutmeg. Add pasta cooking water and half & half. Stir well and remove from heat.
- To serve top pasta with turkey spinach mixture and be sure to spoon some sauce on it. Garnish with more Parmesan.